The O’Brien household’s version of this pub favorite. So good, it will become a weekly request!
- 1 package Buffalo Pastrami
- 1 ½ cup “Bubbies” Sauerkraut (it’s really, really good)
- 4 ounces Irish Cheddar Cheese
- 6 slices Pumpernickel Bread
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- *Reuben Sauce
- On flat top griddle or in a large sauté pan over medium heat place Buffalo Pastrami in lightly oiled pan to heat through. Turn while heating.
- Arrange Buffalo Pastrami in 4 equal piles and top with cheese. Add sauerkraut to the pan too. Cover and heat until cheese is melted, and sauerkraut is warm.
- Remove from pan and cover to keep warm.
- Spread butter on one side of the bread and grill bread until golden brown.
- Stack meat, cheese and kraut on inside of grilled bread and spread the other slice with *Rueben sauce (recipe below), and sandwich together.
Serve with Potato, Leek Soup.
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Salsa
- ¼ cup Roasted and Peeled Red Peppers
- Place all ingredients in food processor and puree.
- Season with slat & pepper to taste.