Serves 4. Approximately 243 calories per serving, (calories calculated with out rice or noodles).
Note: The recipe below is not diet food, but it’s good for you, simple and tasty. Adjust vegetables to your preference. Serving with white rice makes for a prettier plate, but wild rice is healthier, (which Dan thinks taste like dirt), so we compromise and do a mix. Rice noodles are also a nice accompaniment.
- 1 – 1 lb. Buffalo Steak Strips, rinse and pat dry
- 2 – Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 1 ½ – cup White Wine
- 1 – Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 – Tablespoon Asian Fish Sauce
- 1 – Tablespoon Red Curry Paste + to taste
- 2 – Teaspoons Brown Sugar
- 1 – Red Bell Pepper, julienned
- 1 – Red Onion, julienned
- 1 – Head Broccoli Florets — about 2 cups
- 1 – Cup fresh Cherry Tomatoes, halved (or) sub ½ cups chopped Sundried Tomatoes
- 1 – Cup Basil, julienned
- Mix together white wine, lemon, fish sauce, curry paste, and brown sugar.
- Over high heat, heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in heavy sauté pan or wok.
- Add Buffalo Steak Strips and flash sauté for 1 minute. Turning to brown.
- Remove Buffalo to platter and lower heat to medium.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan and add the pepper, onion, and broccoli. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add wine mixture and tomatoes. Bring to simmer.
- Add buffalo back to pan and basil. Quick stir to incorporate. Remove form heat and serve immediately.
Serve on rice or rice noodles and garnish with fresh basil leaf and lemon wedge.
Wine pairing: 2009 Chateau Les Rouilleres Bordeaux, France
A dry red with a light fruitiness, compliments the spice in the dish nicely.