This recipe has minimal preparation. Marinading roast prior to grilling will aid in tenderness, and is perfect for the great outdoors on a summer night.
- Pierce the sirloin tip or top round roast with a fine-tipped fork.
- Place in marinade of your choice & let rest 1 hr. at room temperature.
- Refrigerate up to 48 hours.
- Remove from marinade, and pat excess marinade off with a paper towel.
- Let rest at room temperature 2 hours before grilling or roasting.
- Sear all sides of roast over hot coals or medium high gas flame—about four turns at 5 minutes each.
- Move roast to medium heat and cover grill.
- Continue grilling, for 20+ minutes, turning once for medium rare. Internal temperature should read 135°.
- Remove from oven and place on platter.
- Cover with foil and allow roast to rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Slice thinly against the grain.
Temperature Guide–Internal temperatures of meat:
Rare – 130 degrees. Medium-rare – 140 degrees. Medium – 155 degrees.