If you want to try something easy, light, and delicious try out this simple salad recipe. Choose vegetables with the season or to your personal preference. Looks as good as it tastes!
- 1 pound London Broil, Flank or Skirt Steak, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 Orange or Yellow Bell Pepper, cut into 8 long triangles
- 1 Zucchini or Yellow Squash – cut into 8 ovals
- 1 Red or Vidalia Onion, cut into wedges or thick circles
- 8 stems Asparagus
- 4 Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- Garden Greens or Lettuce of your choice
For Balsamic Marinade & Dressing
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- Pierce buffalo steak with fine tipped fork, penetrating at an angle. Place prepared steak in quart size bag.
- Prep vegetables as indicated above and place in gallon sized bag or on non-reactive baking sheet.
- Mix all marinade ingredients in blender, adding olive oil last, in a slow steady stream.
- Pour 1/3 of marinade over steak. Seal bag and massage marinade into steak. Refrigerate overnight, resting at room temperature for 2 hours before cooking.
- Pour 1/3 of marinade over vegetables tossing to coat. Cover with saran or seal. Keep at room temperature until ready to use.
- Reserve remaining marinade for dressing to toss with greens.
- Preheat gas grill to high heat. Grill grate should be positioned low to heat.
- Shake excess marinade from steak over sink and place steak on grill, over high heat. For London Broil; grill 3 minutes on each side for medium rare. Lessen grill time for flank and skirt steaks by 1 minute.
- Remove steak from grill and place on cutting board. Cover steak tightly with foil, until ready to slice.
- Reduce grill heat to medium heat. Place vegetables on grill and grill until lightly charred. Turn and repeat process on other side.
- Toss greens of choice with remaining dressing and pile on center of 4 plates.
- Slice steak thinly against the grain. Arrange steak slices and vegetables on salad greens.
Serve with crusty bread.