Summer is here & it’s time to grill. You’ll love this easy to prepare and grill Buffalo Kabob recipe. The key is to have a few no-fuss ingredients on hand. If you do not have these ingredients, they are readily available at your local grocery store. Buffalo Kabobs make a beautiful plate and tastes delicious! Vegetables are suggestions, so feel free to change to the vegetables you like or have on hand. (Makes 4 servings)
1 - 12 oz. Round Heel Steak, cut into 12 pieces
2 - duo colored bell peppers, cut into meat size pieces
1 - large onion, quartered & separated
12 - cherry tomatoes
wooden skewers, soaked in water
¾ - cup lime infused olive oil (or olive oil, plus zest & juice of a lime)
2 - tablespoons sugar
1 - tablespoon Emeril’s Essence
1 - teaspoon garlic powder
1 - tablespoon black pepper
1 - teaspoon salt
1) Prep steak and vegetables. Place buffalo steak pieces in large baggie and spread vegetables in a single layer on a pan.
2) Mix all marinade ingredients in a blender and flash process to incorporate.
3) Pour ¼ cup of the marinade in bag with the meat, seal bag and massage marinade into meat. Pour remaining marinade over vegetables and toss to coat evenly. Cover vegetables with saran. Allow both to marinade for 4 to 24 hours. Turn or toss half way through marinade process. Allow meat and vegetables to rest at room temperature for two hours before proceeding. *I prefer marinating for a longer time period, so the marinade flavors are fully absorbed.
4) Remove steak from marinade and shake off excess. Thread skewers with meat and vegetables, rotating veggies and meat.
5) Turn gas grill to high heat, and heat to 500°. Place kabobs over high heat, closing lid during grill time. Turn Kabobs every 2 minutes, and grill for 5 to 6 minutes for medium rare.
6) Remove from heat and place on a platter, sprinkle with finishing salt and cover, allowing too rest for 5 minutes.
Serve over a bed of tri-colored Quinoa, for a complete deliciously beautiful meal. Enjoy!