This simple brisket recipe is a favorite in our home. It is easy to prepare, delicious, and can feed the whole family.
1 - Buffalo Brisket
¼ - cup balsamic vinegar
¼ - cup Worcestershire Sauce
¼ - cup olive oil
¼ - cup brown sugar
1 - tablespoon liquid smoke
1 - tablespoon garlic powder
½ - tablespoon black pepper
½ - tablespoon salt
1 - small sweet onion, quartered
1 - orange, peeled
1) Rinse Buffalo Brisket and pat dry. Place in a glass dish or gallon size baggie.
2) Mix remaining ingredients in a blender and flash pulse until fully incorporated.
3) Pour marinade over Buffalo Brisket and rotate brisket to coat. Cover or seal and marinade for 4 to 24 hours. Removing form refrigeration 2 hours prior to cooking.
4) Place two sheets of heavy foil one on top of the other, on a work surface and curl edges.
5) Remove Buffalo Brisket from marinade and place on foil. Pour ½ cup of the marinade over the brisket.
6) Seal foil tightly.
7) Pre-heat gas grill to 500 degrees. After heated turn two of the burns to off and place brisket above off burners. Close grill lid and allow too cook for 4 hours, maintaining a 375-degree temperature.
8) Remove brisket from grill and allow to rest in foil container for 15 minutes.
9) Open foil and place brisket on cutting board and carve as desired. Reserve pan juices and pour over carved brisket.
For a little extra sweetness mix 1/2, 10 oz. jar orange marmalade with 1/2 cup jan juices and heat to incorporate. Pour over sliced briskets. Serve with slabs of grilled sweet onions. This recipe received the super delicious stamp from fathers & grandfathers! Enjoy.