Wild Idea’s Ground Round, starts with 100% pure prairie grass-fed bison. The quality makes it the perfect main ingredient for any Tartare. In this recipe I’ve added some Asian seasoning for the Korean version of this dish, which is called Yukhoe. The Asian seasonings compliment the grass-fed bison nicely, but you could certainly change the seasonings for a Tartare creation of your own! Super good!
Ingredients: (makes 2 to 3 entree servings or serve as an hors d’oeuvre)
8 – ounces Wild Idea’s 100% lean Ground Round
2 – green onions, finely chopped
1½ - teaspoons soy sauce
2 – teaspoons sesame oil
1 – garlic clove, minced
8 – cracked pepper turns
1 – Asian pear or pear
1 – tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
cucumber & sesame crackers
1) Rinse the Ground Round under cold water and wrap with a paper towel to dry. Set aside.
2) Mix onions, soy, sesame oil, garlic, and pepper together in a bowl.
3) Quarter the pear and finely dice one quarter of it. Brush the remaining pear quarters with a little lemon and reserve for accompaniment, slicing just before serving.
4) Add diced pear and lemon juice to the spice mixture and stir to incorporate.
5) Crumble in the Wild Idea Ground Round and mix together with your hands.
6) Transfer to a mold or molds, pressing in to remove empty air pockets.
7) Invert onto plates or platter and serve with sliced cucumber and pear.