This sandwich is terrific grilled, but also great as a cold sandwich. Just slice, stack and serve! (Makes 4 servings)
- 2 - packages 8 oz. Buffalo Pastrami
- 2 - Peaches, halved and pit removed
- 1 - Red Onion, peeled and sliced, lightly oiled
- 4 oz. - White Cheddar, or mild cheese
- 8 - slices Artisan Whole Grain Bread
- 1 - Tb. Butter
- 2 - Tb. Orange Marmalade
- 8 - Tb. Orange Aioli *see recipe below
- Make Orange Aioli, and refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat gas grill to medium high heat. Ensure grill grid is clean.
- Divide Pastrami into 4 piles.
- Spray grill with non-stick spray (I don’t usually use grilling spray, but it works great for grilling fruit).
- Place the piled Buffalo Pastrami, Red Onion, and Peach halves on grill, and heat for 1½minutes on the first side. Close grill lid during cooking.
- Turn all items over. Divide cheese, and place on top of hot Buffalo Pastrami. Place a dollop of orange marmalade on top of each onion slice. Brush one side of bread with butter and place on grill, butter side down. Close lid and continue to grill for 1 minute.
- Remove items as they are ready, bread should be light grilled, cheese should be melted, and onions should be soft.
- Remove peaches, pull skin off and slice each half in two.
- Layer Buffalo Pastrami with cheese, grilled peaches and red onion on non- grilled side of bread. Spread on Orange Aioli and place remaining grilled bread on top.
Pass with additional Aioli, and serve with green salad.
- 2 egg yolks, blend until pale
- 1 Tb. orange juice concentrate, at room temperature
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- ½ tsp. each, salt & pepper
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¾ cup olive oil
- In blender mix egg yolks until pale.
- Add, orange juice concentrate, and spices. Puree until blended.
- With motor running slowly add olive oil.
- Adjust seasoning to your taste.
Pour Orange Aioli into glass container and refrigerate until needed.
Wine Pairing: Cupcake Sauvignon Blanc, 2011
Crisp, clean and citrusy! Summer in every sip.
Leave a comment