This simple brisket recipe is a favorite in our home. It is easy to prepare, delicious, and can feed the whole family.
1 - Buffalo Brisket
¼ - cup balsamic vinegar
¼ - cup Worcestershire Sauce
¼ - cup olive oil
¼ - cup brown sugar
1 - tablespoon liquid smoke
1 - tablespoon garlic powder
½ - tablespoon black pepper
½ - tablespoon salt
1 - small sweet onion, quartered
1 - orange, peeled
1/2 - cup water
5 - ounces of orange marmalade *more if you prefer sweeter
1) Rinse Buffalo Brisket and pat dry. Place in a glass dish or gallon size baggie.
2) Mix remaining ingredients in a blender and flash pulse until fully incorporated.
3) Pour marinade over Buffalo Brisket and rotate brisket to coat. Cover or seal and marinade for 4 to 24 hours. Removing from refrigeration 2 hours prior to cooking.
4) Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
5) Place two sheets of heavy foil one on top of the other, on a work surface and curl
6) Remove Buffalo Brisket from marinade and place on foil. Pour marinade and 1/2 cup water over the brisket. Seal foil tightly and place foil on a baking sheet for support
7) Place brisket in hot preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 and continue to steam for another 2 to 2.5 hours. Flip the foil wrapped brisket over once during the cooking process.
8) Remove brisket from the oven and rest in foil for 15 minutes.
9) Open foil and place brisket on cutting board and carve as desired.
Serve with slabs of sautéed grilled sweet onions. Enjoy.