Simple summertime grilling recipes that don’t skimp on the “wow” factor are pretty hard to beat. The ingredient combination of this recipe is sensational, but quality ingredients are the key. The number of skewers will depend upon the size of shrimp you purchase. 16 to 24 sized shrimp per pound work well, but larger would be fine too. Seek out wild caught shrimp, no other will do, and of course Wild Idea’s Bison Summer Sausage!
8 – ounces Wild Idea Buffalo Summer Sausage
1 – pound wild caught shrimp (16 to 24 size), peeled & deveined
1 – lemon, cut into wedges
1 – teaspoon lemon pepper
1 to 2 mango’s, peeled and cut into thick pieces
2 – tablespoons olive oil
½ - cup of your favorite B.B.Q. sauce
Wooden skewers, soaked in water
Cilantro for garnish
1) Cut Wild Idea Buffalo Summer Sausage into circle slices and then into pie pieces, in keeping with the size of your shrimp. You may have extra summer sausage. Cover and set aside.
2) Peel, devein, and rinse shrimp. Blot dry with a paper towel. Place in a bowl and squeeze half of the lemon wedges over the shrimp, and season with the lemon pepper. Toss to incorporate and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
3) Skewer the tail part of the shrimp on first, then the summer sausage, securing the meatier part of the shrimp around the summer sausage. Add a piece of mango to the end of the skewer. *The mango pieces can also be added after the grilling.
4) Place on pan and drizzle with olive oil.
5) Grill over medium high heat, for 30 seconds each side, closing grill while grilling. Repeat two more times brushing with B.B.Q sauce while turning.
6) Arrange skewers on a platter and squeeze with additional lemon slices. Garnish with cilantro and drizzle with additional warmed B.B.Q. sauce if desired.