No need to go out for this Mexican favorite, just follow this easy to use recipe below using Wild Idea Buffalo Fajita Strips and you'll have a healthy, delicious dinner in a jiffy!
You’ll love the convenience and all will love the taste! Ole!
- 1 – 12 ounce Wild Idea Buffalo Fajita Strips
- 2 – tablespoons olive oil
- 2 – bell peppers, seeded and sliced thin
- 1 – large onion, peeled and sliced thin
- ½ - teaspoon salt
- ½ – teaspoon black pepper
Accompaniment Ingredients (as desired):
- 1 to 2 – tortillas per person, based on size, warmed
- avocado, sliced, or guacamole
- pico de gallo or salsa
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- In heavy, large skillet, over medium high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add the bison Fajita Strips evenly to pan. Allow them to sear for a minute before tossing or turning. Sauté for about 4 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cover with foil.
- Add remaining oil to the pan and add peppers, onions, and season with salt and pepper. Sauté, tossing occasionally until tender, but still vibrant in color.
- Slide vegetables to one side of the pan and return the bison Fajita Strips. Reheat for one minute, tossing occasionally.
- Serve hot out of the skillet with accompaniments.
Photo Credit: Jill O'Brien