- 1/4 lb. Wild Idea Buffalo Pastrami, julienned
- 4 oz, linguini, cooked al dente
- (reserve 1 cup pasta water)
- 1 medium sized zucchini
- 4 Tb. basil pesto
- 1/2 cup cherry or pear tomatoes
- grated parmesan
- Prepare Buffalo Pastrami and linguini as suggested. Using vegetable peeler, peel zucchini in flat ribbons and then slice ribbons in half, lengthways.
- In heavy bottomed pot, bring 1/2 cup of pasta water to gentle boil.
- Add zucchini and cook for two minutes. Remove zucchini from water and set aside.
- Add prepared pasta to pot, adding more pasta water if necessary. Cover and let heat through, about 2 minutes.
- Add basil pesto and toss lightly.
- Add zucchini back to pot and julienned pastrami. Gently toss together. Cover and let heat for an addition minute or two.
- Using large fork, twist pasta into desired serving and transfer to pasta dish. Garnish with tomatoes, and sprinkle with parmesan. Season with a pinch of salt and a twist of fresh cracked pepper.
Simply Delicious! You might also like my recipe for a Zucchini Salad, found in the “Various Recipe” section.
Leave a comment