A summertime favorite that's simply delicious!
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 1/4 – pound Wild Idea Buffalo Pastrami, julienned
- 4 – ounce linguini, cooked al dente
- (reserve 1 cup pasta water)
- 1 – medium sized zucchini
- 4 – tablespoon basil pesto
- 1/2 – cup cherry or pear tomatoes
- grated parmesan
- Prepare Buffalo Pastrami and linguini as suggested. Using vegetable peeler, peel zucchini in flat ribbons and then slice ribbons in half, length ways.
- In heavy bottomed pot, bring 1/2 cup of pasta water to gentle boil.
- Add zucchini and cook for 2 minutes. Remove zucchini from water and set aside.
- Add prepared pasta to pot, adding more pasta water if necessary. Cover and let heat through, about 2 minutes.
- Add basil pesto and toss lightly.
- Add zucchini and julienned Pastrami back to pot. Gently toss together. Cover and let heat for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Using large fork, twist pasta into desired serving and transfer to pasta dish.
Garnish with tomatoes, and sprinkle with Parmesan. Season with a pinch of salt and a twist of fresh cracked pepper.
Photo Credit: Jill O'Brien
Leave a comment