You may say keto diet, but we say keto-licious!
Burger Ingredients (Per Serving):
- 1 - 4 ounce or 8 ounce Wild Idea Buffalo Keto Burger
- 1 - tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 3 - strips Wild Idea Buffalo Bacon or other grass-fed/organic bacon
- 1 - cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 - ounce Swiss cheese, sliced
- Rub the pre-portioned burger with a little olive oil and season with salt & pepper.
- In a large, heavy skillet over medium high heat, heat the remaining oil.
- Add the bacon and the mushrooms to the pan, keeping them separate. Add the prepped burger to the pan too, nestling it up against the edge of the pan.
- Turn the bacon as needed and cook until crispy. Remove once cooked and place on paper.
- Sauté the mushrooms and season them with a little salt and pepper to as they are sautéing.
- Turn the burger every minute, keeping the uncooked edge nestled to the side. Cook 4 ounce burgers for about 2 minutes each side and the 8 ounce burgers about 3 minutes each side for medium rare.
- While the burger is still in the pan, top with the mushrooms, the bacon and the slices of cheese. Add any mushrooms to the top of the burger.
- Transfer the burger to a plate and tent with foil.
Creamed Spinach Ingredients:
- ¼ - cup onion, chopped
- 2½ - ounces of fresh spinach
- 1 - tablespoon butter
- ¼ - cup cream
- salt & pepper
- chili flake
- Using the burger pan (or in a separate pan), over medium heat, add the butter and the onions. Sauté the onions for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach and stir to incorporate. Cook until the spinach has wilted.
- Add the cream and mix together. Cook until the cream starts to thicken about 3 minutes.
- Season the creamed spinach to taste.
- To serve, pile the creamed spinach in the center of the plate and top with the Bacon, Mushroom & Swiss Keto Burger.
Eat with pure joy!
Photo Credit: Jill O'Brien