A true example that yes, Bacon does make everything taste better!
1 – 10 ounce package Wild idea Buffalo Bacon
1 – tablespoon olive oil
4 – big handfuls of spinach
1 – cup blueberries
½ - cup raspberries
½ - cup black berries or quartered strawberries
4 – ounces blue cheese, crumbled
¼ - cup almonds, coarse chopped or candied pecans
Buffalo Bacon, chopped
2 – tablespoons olive oil
1 - teaspoon Dijon mustard
¼ – cup maple syrup
½ - teaspoon black pepper
¼ - teaspoon salt
¾ - cup rice vinegar
- 1) Cut the bacon into pieces. In large heavy skillet over medium high heat, heat oil and add the cut Bacon. Cook bacon until crispy, tossing during cooking process, about 7 minutes.
- 2) Remove pan from heat and transfer the bacon to a cutting board. Chop ¼ of the cooked bacon into small pieces.
- 3) Return the pan to the heat, and add 2 tablespoons olive oil and the finer chopped bacon. Allow the bacon to cook for a minute or so for a little extra crispiness.
- 4) Whisk in Dijon, maple syrup, salt & pepper and, rice vinegar. Stir to incorporate, scrapping up the brown bits from bottom of the pan. Heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- 5) Place spinach in large bowl, pour hot bacon dressing over spinach and toss.
- 6) Divide spinach between four plates and top with berries, blue cheese, Buffalo Bacon and almonds. Drizzle with the Hot Bacon Dressing! Yes please!!!!
Serve with crusty bread.
Leave a comment