A true example that yes, Buffalo Bacon does make everything taste better!
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 1 – 10 ounce package Wild idea Buffalo Bacon
- 1 – tablespoon olive oil
- 4 – big handfuls of spinach
- 1 – cup blueberries
- ½ - cup raspberries
- ½ - cup black berries or quartered strawberries
- 4 – ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- ¼ - cup almonds, coarsely chopped or candied pecans
- Buffalo Bacon, chopped
- 2 – tablespoons olive oil
- 1 - teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ – cup maple syrup
- ½ - teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ - teaspoon salt
- ¾ - cup rice vinegar
- Cut the bacon into pieces. In large heavy skillet over medium high heat, heat oil and add the cut bacon. Cook bacon until crispy, tossing during cooking process, about 7 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and transfer the bacon to a cutting board. Chop ¼ of the cooked bacon into small pieces.
- Return the pan to the heat and add 2 tablespoons olive oil and the finer chopped bacon. Allow the bacon to cook for a minute or so for a little extra crispiness.
- Whisk in Dijon, maple syrup, salt & pepper and rice vinegar. Stir to incorporate, scrapping up the brown bits from bottom of the pan. Heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place spinach in large bowl, pour hot bacon dressing over spinach and toss.
- Divide spinach between four plates and top with berries, blue cheese, bacon and almonds. Drizzle with the Hot Bacon Dressing! Yes please!!!!
Serve with crusty bread.
Photo Credit: Jill O'Brien