You will love these recipes - tested and tried by our very own Wild Idea team!
Stewed Bison Heart - Recipe Credit: Jill's friend Angela Anderson
2-3 - pounds Wild Idea Buffalo Heart cut into large cubes
- 6 - ounces of Wild Idea Buffalo Bacon or organic bacon
- 2 - ounces butter
- 2 - onions, chopped
- 2 - cloves of garlic, chopped
- 6 - fresh tomatoes, peeled & chopped or 3 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1/4 - bottle of white wine
- 8 - ounces sour cream
- Fresh or dried basil and parsley
- Cut the bacon into small bits and fry in 2 ounces of butter.
- Add the chopped onions garlic and sauté.
- Add buffalo heart to the bacon, onions & garlic, and let it brown.
- Add 1/2 cup of water, tomatoes or paste and the wine.
- Simmer for 30 minutes covered and then for 15 minutes without the lid.
- Stir the sour cream into the sauce. Sprinkle with fresh herbs.
Stuffed Buffalo Heart - Recipe Credit: Chris White Eagle
- 1 - cleaned and defatted Wild Idea Buffalo Heart
- 12 to 16 oz - Wild Idea Buffalo Bacon chopped
- fresh mushrooms (as much fresh as you like)
- 1 - small onion chopped
- 1 - tablespoon garlic chopped
- 1 - teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 - teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 - bag fresh spinach
- Fry chopped bacon until crisp, add onion and garlic cook until slightly transparent, add mushrooms and spinach cook until tender.
- Lay heart flat stuff and butterfly open. Stuff with spinach mixture and tie with butcher string. Fry in the bacon grease until cooked. Yummy, yummy!
Pan Seared Heart – Recipe Credit: Jean Osborne & Jilian Jones
- Heat heavy sauté pan or cast iron skillet with fat or oil over medium high heat.
- Season both sides of the heart steaks with salt & pepper.
- Sear over medium high heat for about three to four minutes total for medium rare.
- Adjust cooking time to thickness of your steaks. Season to taste!
Photo Credit: Jill O'Brien
Leave a comment