Here are a few of our favorite "Jill" recipes to help make your summer or next celebration a little more delicious!
Jill's Potato Salad
Everyone has a recipe for potato salad, but I have to tell you this one often gets, “the best potato salad I’ve ever had” comments. Hope you like it too! Best if made a few hours or day before serving, to allow flavors to emulsify.
3 – lbs. organic potatoes, skins left on and washed
1 – dozen farm fresh eggs (or the best you can find), hard-boiled
½ – cup onion, minced
1 – cup celery, sliced
1 – teaspoon dill
2 – teaspoons Dijon mustard
½ tablespoon salt
½ - tablespoon black pepper
½ - teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 – teaspoon chili flake
¼ - cup dill pickle juice
1 – cup mayonnaise
1) Boil potatoes in slated water until tender. Drain and allow too cool.
2) Hard boil eggs, peel and slice with egg slicer and place in large bowl.
3) In separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients together, stirring to incorporate.
4) Add mayonnaise mixture to eggs and mix together.
5) Cut potatoes in bite size pieces and add to egg mixture. Fold to incorporate. Season to taste.
Great with BBQ, Burgers, or on its own! Get the recipe for Pulled Buffalo BBQ here.
1 - head green cabbage, halved and sliced thin
1 - red onion, halved and sliced thin
2 - carrots, grated
1 - cup pepperoncini, de-stemmed and flash processed
¼ - cup mayonnaise
¼ - cup rice vinegar
1 - small tube wasabi
1 – tablespoon black pepper
1 - tsp. salt
1) Place all vegetables in bowl and toss to incorporate.
2) Mix all dressing ingredients in blender and pour over vegetables, toss to coat and season to taste.
Grilled Sweet Corn(per ear of corn)
For the perfect finger food menu - serve with Chili Cheese Dogs! Recipe here.
1 - cob Sweet Corn - husk removed and washed (reserve husk)
1 - tablespoon butter
pinch of smoked paprika
pinch of chili powder
Buffalo Bacon Blue Burgers
The quintessential Buffalo Burger, complete with Buffalo Bacon, Blue Cheese and a touch of fruit preserves! This - soon to be new favorite, will have you making it again, and again and again. Enjoy!
2 - 1 lb. Ground Buffalo
3 - tablespoons olive oil, plus a little more
1/2 - teaspoon mustard
2 - teaspoon ketchup
1/2 - teaspoon thyme
2 - teaspoon salt & pepper
1 – 10 oz. package Buffalo Bacon
6 – ounces blue cheese
½ - cup chokecherry or plum preserves, warmed
6 – hamburger buns