Super quick, super easy, super delicious!
1 - pound Wild Idea Ground Buffalo
3 - spring onions, bulbs halved and sliced, greens sliced
1 - large head broccoli, flowers with tender part of stem
2 - tablespoon sesame oil + more if needed
2 - tablespoon Asian fish sauce
1/4 - cup rice vinegar
3/4 - cup organic chicken broth or water
2 - tablespoons soy sauce
2 - teaspoons sriracha sauce
1 - tablespoon cornstarch
2 - tablespoons brown sugar
1 - tablespoon fresh grated ginger
4 - garlic cloves, chopped
1 - teaspoon black pepper
salt to taste
Optional: chili flake, chopped peanuts, chopped cilantro
- Mix together the Asian fish sauce, vinegar, broth, soy sauce, srirachia, cornstarch, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a heavy bottom large skillet or wok over medium high heat, heat the oil.
- Crumble in the ground buffalo and break up further with a spatula as it cooks.
- When lightly browned add the sliced onion bulbs and continue to stir-fry until the meat is nicely browned. Add more sesame oil if needed.
- Add the sauce mixture and stir to incorporate.
- Nestle in the broccoli and cover the pan. Reduce heat to medium and cook for seven minutes or until broccoli is el dente.
- Sprinkle in amount desired of the sliced green of the onions, reserving any remaining to pass with dish.
- Season with salt to taste and add red pepper flake or serve on the side.
- Serve over rice and garnish as desired.
Leave a comment