September 29, 2012
Buffalo Antipasto Pasta Salad
A great summertime meal! Vegetables can be substituted according to what you have on hand or what you like.
- 1 10 ounce pkg. Wild Idea Buffalo Salami, cut into pieces
- 1 cup, fresh mozzarella, shredded or cubed
- 1 each red, yellow and orange bell peppers, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained & chopped
- 1 cup pepperoncini, sliced
- ½ cup olives, sliced (prefer Kalamata)
- ¾ cup sundried tomatoes, julienned
- ½ lb. pasta, cooked el dente and drained
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup rice or cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. ground fennel
- salt & pepper to taste.
Put all ingredients in large bowl and toss! Can be refrigerated for up to a week, however you may need to add a bit more olive oil or dressing before serving.
My recipe for Basil Pesto does not include pine-nuts, as I am not a fan. They could easily be added though, for a more traditional recipe.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper (*I like a little more)
- 1 Tb. lemon juice (*I like a little more)
- 1 cup olive oil
Place all ingredients in blender and puree until smooth. Refrigerate.