This dish can often be overwhelmed with garlic and the fatty smokiness of traditional bacon. I have held a light hand on the garlic and the lean, meaty flavor of the Bison Bacon will compliment this dish instead of overpower. A perfect dish for springtime celebrations or casual dinners! (Serves 4)
1) Prepare pasta al dente, reserving 2 cups pasta liquid. Rinse pasta and allow to drain.
2) In heavy, large sauté pan over medium high heat, heat oil. Add bacon and brown until crispy, tossing occasionally about 5minutes. Add garlic to bacon a couple of minutes before bacon is done.
3) Remove bacon/garlic from pan and set aside.
4) Place the two eggs in their shell in a cup of boiling water that is removed from heat source. Allow eggs to rest in water for one minute. Remove eggs and crack into blender along with other egg yolk. Coddled eggs may be a little cloudy, which is ok. Whip eggs in blender.
5) Add the warmed lemon juice and 1½ cups grated cheese and pepper to blender and pulse. Add more cheese if desired.
6) In sauté pan that bacon was browned in add 1 cup of the reserved pasta water and bring to a boil. Add pasta to the water and cover for 1 minute or until pasta is hot. Check pasta occasionally, adding more water if needed. Toss pasta gently. Remove pan from heat and drain excess water from pan.
7) Drizzle egg & cheese mixture over hot pasta tossing as you drizzle. Add bacon and hot vegetables and toss again.
8) Season to taste and garnish with shaved Parmesan or Pecorino.