Our heat and eat Corned Buffalo Brisket just might be the very best thing that we make! All the corned brisket flavor, but made with our 100% grass-fed/grass-finished bison and no added nitrites. Here are the very simple heating recommendations and my recipe for Colcanon. You will love this!
Ingredients for Corned Brisket:
1 - Wild Idea Corned Buffalo Brisket, with package juices and seasonings
½ to 1 - bottle beer (avoid stout or dark beer)
- In a heavy pan over medium high heat, add beer and package contents.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low and allow to heat through. About 7 minutes.
- Transfer Corned Brisket to cutting board and pull apart in pieces or slice.
Colcannon (Irish mashed potatoes with cabbage or kale.)
A great twist on your standard mashed potatoes and a great way to get some extra veggies in. Note: I used both cabbage & kale for a greener outcome and I also pureed a second time in my smoothie blender, which produced green potatoes. If you do not puree greens twice, your potatoes will be a very pale green with pieces of vegetables, which is equally delicious and pretty.
2 - lbs. butter potatoes or golden potatoes, washed
½ - lb. cabbage or kale, sliced
¼ - cup parsley sprigs
4 - green onions, chopped
½ - cup hot milk
3 - tablespoons butter
, melted, plus more for serving
2 - teaspoon salt
1 - teaspoon black pepper
- Place potatoes in pot of boiling water and simmer until fork tender, about 30 minutes. Drain all but 1 inch of water from the pot and continue to cook uncovered until water is gone and pan bottom is dry.
- Allow the potatoes to cool a bit for easy handling and then pull the skins off the cooked potatoes while they are still warm.
- While potatoes are cooking, in another pot, bring about 2 cups of salted water to a boil. Add cabbage or kale, cover and simmer until tender. About 5 minutes. Add parsley and green onions and continue to simmer for two minutes.
- Drain vegetables in a colander. Press vegetables with the back of a spoon to release water. Place cabbage mixture in blender or food processor with ¼ cup hot milk and process until finely chopped.
- Place the potatoes in a mixing bowl and mash with a potato masher. Then add ¼ cup hot milk, melted butter, salt and pepper, and mix until fluffy.
- Add the cabbage puree and mix until just incorporated. Reheat if needed before serving. Pass with extra butter.
Leave a comment