Fresh sweet corn makes this dish as delciious as it is beautiful!
- 2 – tablespoons olive oil
- 1 – medium onion, chopped
- 1 – tablespoon butter
- 3 – fresh, organic ears of sweet corn, shucked
- 1 – teaspoon salt
- 2 – teaspoons Jill’s Mexican Seasonings
- 1 – bell pepper, diced
- 1 – can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 – small jalapeno, diced
- ½ - cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ - of a lime
- In a large sauté pan, over medium high heat, add the olive oil and the onion, and sauté for three minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the butter and the sweet corn and stir to incorporate. Sauté for three additional minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the lime, in the order listed, stirring to incorporate after each item is added. Bring to full heat.
Squeeze the lime into the succotash and season to taste. *I like a bit more salt & spice!
This is a wonderful side dish and goes very well with grass-fed/grass-finished bison meat! Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days. Enjoy as a meal or serve along side crispy chips for an appetizer.
We love sweet corn, but we don't care for field corn or grains in our meat. By choosing Wild Idea Bison meat cuts, you are aiding in the regenerative benefits to the land.