The subtle tang of our cured meat pairs very well with farm fresh eggs and the buttery, lemony Hollandaise sauce! You're going to love this rendition!
Ingredients (Serves 2 to 4):
- 2 – 4 ounce packages Wild Idea Buffalo Bresaola
- 2 to 4 – English muffins, split
- 4 to 8 – farm fresh or organic eggs
- 2 – teaspoons olive oil
- 1 – quart boiling water
- salt & pepper
- Hollandaise sauce (recipe below)
- Allow the Buffalo Bresaola to rest at room temperature for an hour or 2. This will make separating the slices easier. Separate into 4 to 8 piles of meat.
- In a medium size non-stick pan or griddle, over low heat, heat the piles of Bresaola. About 1 minute each side. Remove from heat.
- Toast English muffins in toaster or on griddle until slightly golden. Spread hot muffins with desired amount of butter.
- To poach multiple eggs, pre-crack eggs into individual ramekins.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat, and add oil spreading it around. Add eggs one at a time quickly, this helps them set individually. Note: This method is in-between poached and basted eggs, but it works great!
Immediately add the boiling water and cover. Reduce heat to low and check after 1 minute. Cover and cook for another minute. Eggs are done when the top of the egg white is sealed and white in color. Continue if needed or until desired doneness is established. Remove poached eggs from pan with a slotted spoon.
- Place buttered muffins on plates, top with warmed Bresaola and poached eggs. Season the eggs with a little salt & pepper and drizzle Hollandaise over the eggs as desired. Sprinkle with a pinch of cayenne or paprika.
Note: I like my Hollandaise a little on the lemony side. If you prefer less, substitute a little water for thinning if needed. If needing to reheat, place sauce in a container and place in a pan of boiling water. Stir to avoid over cooking.
- 3 – egg yolks
- 3 – tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 – teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ - teaspoon cayenne pepper, more if desired
- 1 – stick salted organic butter, melted and still hot
- Place egg yolks, 1 tablespoons lemon juice, pepper and cayenne in a blender and blend until slightly thick.
- Add melted hot butter through top while blender is still running. Blend to incorporate. Stop until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, flash blend again, adding the last tablespoon of lemon juice. Season to taste.
Photo Credit: Jill O'Brien
Leave a comment