Fresh garden tomatoes and fresh mozzarella are a dynamo combination. Adding butter lettuce and Buffalo Bacon... make it even better!
Sweet Basil Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 2 – cups basil leaves, packed
- 1 – cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 – cup sugar
- 1 – teaspoon salt
- 2 – teaspoons black pepper
- ¾ – cup olive oil
Salad Ingredients (Per Salad):
- 2 – Wild Idea Buffalo Bacon strips
- 1 – tablespoon oil
- 1 – cup lettuce, washed dried and torn
- 8 – cherry tomatoes, halved (or tomato slices)
- 2 – ounces fresh mozzarella, torn or sliced
- 8 – small fresh basil leaves, whole and julienned
- 1– tablespoon (or desired amount) Sweet Basil Vinaigrette
- 2 – teaspoons balsamic glaze (try Gia Russa brand)
- Place all vinaigrette ingredients in blender, except olive oil and blend until incorporated. With the blender running slowly, add the olive oil. Transfer to a jar or sealed container.
- In a frying pan over medium high heat, heat oil. Add Buffalo Bacon and cook for two minutes each side, or to your desired crispiness. Remove from pan and place on a paper towel.
- Toss lettuce with a tablespoon of vinaigrette and arrange on a plate.
- Top with tomatoes, mozzarella and fresh basil leaves.
- Add bacon to the plate and pour an additional tablespoon or desired amount of the dressing over the whole salad.
- Drizzle with the balsamic glaze.
Photo Credit: Jill O'Brien