Fresh garden tomatoes and fresh mozzarella are a dynamo combination. Adding butter lettuce and buffalo bacon... make it even better!
Sweet Basil Vinaigrette Ingredients:
2 – cups basil leaves, packed
1 – cup rice vinegar
1/3 – cup sugar
1 – teaspoon salt
2 – teaspoons black pepper
¾ – cup olive oil
Salad Ingredients: (per salad)
2 – Buffalo Bacon strips
1 – tablespoon oil
1 – cup lettuce, washed dried and torn
8 – cherry tomatoes, halved (or tomato slices)
2 – ounces fresh mozzarella, torn or sliced
8 – small fresh basil leaves, whole and julienned
Sweet Basil Vinaigrette
2 – teaspoons balsamic glaze *try Gia Russo brand
1) Place all of the vinaigrette ingredients in blender, except olive oil and blend until incorporated. With the blender running slowly add the olive oil. Transfer to a jar or sealed container.
2) In a frying pan over medium high heat, heat oil. Add Buffalo Bacon and cook for two minutes each side, or to your desired crispiness. Remove from pan and place on a paper towel.
3) Toss lettuce with a tablespoon of vinaigrette and arrange on a plate.
4) Top with tomatoes, mozzarella and fresh basil leaves.
5) Add bacon to the plate, and pour an additional tablespoon or desired amount of the dressing over the whole salad.
6) Drizzle with the balsamic glaze.