Many food items can stand on their own, but sometimes you hit a trifecta, where the equal balance of each emulsifies with the other and creates a party in your mouth.
You are going to love this dish. Simple. Delicious. And... easy. Note: I used the Hanger Steak/ Hanging Tender for this recipe, but any of our premium steaks would work as well.
1 - 1 lb. Wild Idea Hanging Tender
3 - tablespoons olive oil.
1 - teaspoon salt & pepper
12 - ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
1 - teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or ½ dry
½ - teaspoon fresh oregano or ¼ dry
2 - cloves garlic, chopped or 1½ tablespoons
2 - anchovy filets
1 - tablespoon capers
½ - cup white wine
salt and black pepper to taste
Squeeze of fresh lemon
- Using a filet knife remove sinew piece that runs down the center of the hanging tender. This will give you two long strips of meat , one will be smaller in size than the other. Or, you can leave whole.
- Rub the steak pieces with 1tablespoon olive oil and a teaspoon of salt and pepper. Allow to rest while you prepare the Blistered Tomatoes.
- For the tomatoes, heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a pan over medium high heat, and add the halved tomatoes spreading them evenly over the pan. . Allow them to cook for about 7 minutes.
- Add the herbs and garlic and stir to incorporate.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tomatoes form the heat while you prepare the steaks.
- Over a high heat, 500* grill - grill the prepped steaks for one and a half minutes on each side (smaller half of steak for just a minute on each side.
- Remove form the grill, cover and rest while finishing the tomatoes.
- Add the anchovies, breaking up with a spoon and add the capers and wine. Stir to incorporate and continue to cook until wine is reduced to half.
- Taste and season with salt & pepper and fresh squeeze of lemon before serving.
Carve the steak into desired pieces and serve with Blistered Tomato Sauce and Risotto. So good!
Leave a comment