For quick oven roasting, it is best to marinade roasts first to achieve maximum tenderness. Great served with a Whiskey Plum sauce or Orange Glaze.
- Pierce the sirloin tip or top round roast with a fine-tipped fork.
- Place in marinade of your choice & let rest 1 hr. at room temperature.
- Refrigerate up to 48 hours.
- Remove from marinade, and pat excess marinade off with a paper towel.
- Let rest at room temperature 2 hours before grilling or roasting.
- Sear all sides of roast in heavy deep pan on medium high burner—about four turns at 5 minutes each.
- Place roast in 375° oven & continue to cook for 30 minutes, or until internal temperature reads 140°.
- Remove from oven and place on platter.
- Cover with foil and allow roast to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice thinly against the grain.
Temperature Guide–Internal Temperatures of Meat:
Rare – 130 degrees. Medium-rare – 140 degrees. Medium – 155 degrees.