The quintessential Buffalo Burger, complete with Buffalo Bacon, Blue Cheese and a touch of fruit preserves! This – soon to be new favorite, will have you making it again, and again and again. Enjoy!
2 - 1 lb. Premium Ground Buffalo
3 - tablespoons olive oil, plus a little more
1/2 - teaspoon mustard
2 - teaspoon ketchup
1/2 - teaspoon thyme
2 - teaspoon salt & pepper
1 - 10 oz. package Buffalo Bacon
6 - ounces blue cheese
½ - cup chokecherry or plum preserves, warmed
6 - hamburger buns
1) Mix 2 tablespoons olive oil, mustard, ketchup, thyme, salt and pepper together.
2) Mix above with Ground Buffalo until well incorporated.
3) Divide into 6 portions and at pat out into bun size patties.
4) In large skillet over medium high heat, add the other tablespoon of olive oil. Place buffalo bacon in pan and cook until crispy or desired doneness, turning once during cooking time.
5) Preheat grill to high heat, 500 degrees. Insure grill grates are clean.
6) Brush burgers with a little oil and place on grill. Close grill lid during grilling time. Grill for 2.5 minutes. Turn burgers and top with blue cheese. Close lid and grill for an additional 3 minutes.
7) Remove burgers from heat, and allow too rest for a few minutes.
8) Place Buffalo Blue Burgers on bun, drizzle with a little of the warmed preserves and top with Buffalo Bacon. Delicious!