This fantastic burger was the winner and favorite in our buffalo burger cook off! This simple recipe makes one fantastic burger.
- 1 - Wild Idea Premium Ground Buffalo
- 1 - tablespoon olive oil +
- 1 - teaspoon salt
- 1 - teaspoon black pepper
- 1 - teaspoon cumin
- 1 - teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 - cup pepper jack cheese, small cubes
- ½ - cup green chilies (2) roasted, peeled, coarsely chopped
- pico de gallo (recipe below)
- Jalapeno Infused Hollandaise (recipe below)
- buns of choice
- Mix meat, olive oil, spices, cheese and chili’s together in bowl with hands and portion into desired patty size.
- Refrigerate for ½ hour to assist with binding.
- Preheat clean grill to 500°+.
- Brush burgers with a little extra olive oil and place burgers on hot grill, grilling 2 minutes each side. Keep grill lid closed.
- Brush with olive oil and grill ½ minute each side to give burger a bit of a crust. Serve on buns and top with Pico de Gallo and Jalapeno Hollandaise!
Pico de Gallo Ingredients (Makes 2 Cups):
- 1¼ - cup finely diced cherry tomatoes
- ½ - cup finely diced onion (white, red or green)
- ¼ - cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 - tablespoon sugar
- ¼ - teaspoon cardamom
- ½ - teaspoon each: coriander, cumin, salt & pepper
- juice of 1 lime
- pinch of cayenne (optional)
Preparations: Toss all ingredients together. Season to taste.
Jalapeno Infused Hollandaise Ingredients:
- 2 - organic eggs, yolks only
- ½ - teaspoon coarse mustard
- ½ - teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 2 - tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ - teaspoon black pepper
- 1 - jalapeño, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 1 - stick salted organic butter, melted
Place all ingredients in blender and puree.
- With blender going, slowly add melted butter. Blend until mixture becomes thick.
- Place leftover hollandaise in container and store in refrigerator for up to 5 days. Use as a spread on sandwiches or as a dip for crudités.
Photo Credit: Jill O'Brien
Leave a comment