A fabulous combination of ingredients! Feel free to use any vegetables of your choice. Not only is it tasty and beautiful, but it’s healthy too!
*Optional: Rice Noodles may also be added to this salad. Prepare as directed and place the noodles in the center of the plate.
1 - cup fresh cilantro, lightly packed
2 - cloves of garlic, about 1 tablespoon
1 - jalapeno pepper, coarse chopped
¼ - cup pure cane sugar
¾ - cup fresh lemon juice, warmed
½ - cup Asian fish sauce
¼ - cup sesame oil
1) In a blender, purée the cilantro, garlic, sugar, and lemon juice.
2) While the motor is still running, add the remaining ingredients. Set aside or refrigerate the dressing until needed.
Salad Ingredients (Makes 4 servings):
1 - 12 oz. Premium Steak Strips
1 - tablespoon olive oil
½ - small red cabbage, finely julienned
½ - red onion, finely julienned
2 - carrots, finely julienned or use peeler for ribbon effect
1 - yellow bell pepper, finely julienned or zucchini ribbons
½ - cucumber, diced
½ - cup fresh mint, julienned
½ - cup fresh basil, julienned
1) Rinse the Wild Idea Bison Steak Strips and pat them dry. Place them in a glass dish and drizzle with ½ cup of the dressing. Marinate for 2 to 4 hours.
2) Place red cabbage in a bowl and sprinkle with a little salt. Squeeze cabbage to tenderize. Add the red onion and toss together.
3) Mix cucumber, mint, and basil together. Add ¼ cup of dressing to the cucumber mixture and set aside to marinate.
4) Arrange julienned or ribbon vegetables on 4 plates.
5) Remove the bison steaks from the marinade, shaking off the excess.
6) Over high heat, heat the olive oil and sauté the bison strips for about 4 minutes, tossing to turn occasionally.
7) Place the seared steaks on top of the julienned vegetables, drizzle with desired amount of dressing, and sprinkle with the cucumber mixture.