In memory of Jim Harrison, who appreciated good food!
Ingredients: (makes 6 to 8)
2 - pounds Wild Idea Ground Buffalo
2 - tablespoons olive oil
½ - teaspoon mustard
1 - teaspoon ketchup
1 - teaspoon thyme
1 - teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 - teaspoon salt & pepper
6 to 8 - ounces Irish cheddar cheese
6 to 8 - ounces Wild Idea Buffalo Bacon or Pancetta, pan fried
1 - onion, sliced and sautéed lightly
6 to 8 - hamburger buns or sour dough bread, lightly toasted
- Mix all spice ingredients, but Buffalo into paste.
- Add ground Buffalo and mix thoroughly together with hands.
- Pat into 6 or 8 patties, about 1” thick.
- Grill buffalo burgers over high hot gas heat. Grill with lid closed for 2 minutes each side. Sprinkle cooked burgers with a pinch of finishing salt.
- Top burgers with cheese slices and grill with lid shut for one more minute.
- Remove burgers from the grill and allow them to rest for a couple of minutes.
- Place burgers on bun and op with pan-fried bacon or pancetta, and lightly sautéed onions.
Wine Pairing: Chateau de Pez Saint Estephe 2002, Medoc Region, France
Leave a comment