One way of adding a whole lot of flavor with very little effort to any recipe is to have our Buffalo Chorizo on hand. Both of the recipes below can be prepared meatless, but by adding the Chorizo you are adding flavor and a super healthy protein!
1 - half pound package Wild Idea Buffalo Chorizo
- 1 - tablespoon olive oil
- 1 - cup onions, chopped
- 2 - cups squash or yams, diced & partially cooked through
- 1 - teaspoon each; cumin, coriander, salt & pepper
- 1/4 - teaspoon chili powder
- 2 to 3 cups - spinach, chopped
- I - lemon, juiced
- Chili Flake
- Half pound package of Wild Idea Buffalo Chorizo, browned
- Spinach or Romaine Lettuce, as much as you like
- Cucumber, diced, as much as you like
- Tomatoes, diced, as much as you like
- Calamata Olives, as much as you like
- Pepperoncini, sliced, as much as you like
- Red Onion, sliced thin, as much as you like
- Feta Cheese, crumbled, as much as you like
- Greek or Tzatziki Dressing (or my makeshift recipe below)
- ½ - cup whole milk yogurt
- ½ - cup sour cream
- 2 - cups fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ - cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 - jalapeno, seeded
- 2 - tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 - teaspoon cumin
- 2 - tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ - teaspoon salt
Chorizo Hash Ingredients: (serves 6 or 4 hungry ranchers)
I used half a pound of Chorizo for this recipe, but if you were wanting to feed a crowd for a casual dinner, just double it up! I think you are going to really like this!
Greek Salad With Buffalo Chorizo Ingredients(serves 4):
Chorizo Hash Preparation:
Prep all ingredients as noted in ingredient list.
In a large sauté pan or cast iron skillet over medium high heat, add olive oil, onions and spices. Stir to incorporate and allow to start to brown.
Crumble in the Chorizo Sausage and break up into the onions with a spatula. Continue to cook until lightly browned.
Stir in squash or yams and stir to incorporate, stirring occasionally. About seven minutes.
Add chopped spinach and stir to incorporate. Add lemon juice and stir in. Reduce heat to low.
Season to taste and finish with a sprinkle of chili flake.
Serve immediately with crusty bread. Leftovers make a great breakfast with a poached egg on the top!
Greek Salad With Buffalo Chorizo Preparation:
Brown Chorizo in a sauté pan and set aside.
Layer other ingredients on a platter or individual plates, except cheese and dressing.
Top with sautéed Chorizo.
Sprinkle with desired amounts of Feta and drizzle with dressing of choice.
The combination of Greek Salad ingredients are crave worthy. Buffalo Chorizo... just made it better! It's also a good way to get meat eaters to eat their vegetables! ; )
Place all ingredients into blender pulse until incorporated.
Keep refrigerated, but pull ½ hour before serving.
This sauce is great on many things or as a dip.
Keeps for 1 week in refrigerator.