We had to get in on the "Smashed Burger" craze... But, I knew we could make it better... It's a whole new way to get loaded! Enjoy!
Ingredients: (Serves 3 to 4)
- 1 - pound Wild Idea Buffalo Premium Ground
- 1 - tablespoon olive oil
- 1 - teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 - cup Honey Bourbon
- 1/2 - onion, diced
- 8 - strips Wild Idea Buffalo Bacon or organic bacon, chopped
- 6 to 8 - slices cheese
- Buns, lightly toasted or grilled
- Divide ground into 3 to 4 portions and then split portions in half.
- On a baking sheet, pour half of the bourbon.
- Smash the portions as flat as you can on the pan.
- Sprinkle the burgers with salt and pepper and pour the remaining bourbon over the burgers.
- In a skillet, over medium high heat, sauté the bacon and the onions until brown. Drain and reserve.
- On a flat top griddle or in a large pan, over medium high heat, add olive oil to griddle and push around.
- Place smashed burgers on griddle and sear for 1 minute. Flip and top with cheese and sear for another minute.
- Place one smashed burger on the bun, top with bacon & onions, repeat with a second layer.
Top with your favorite condiments! Soooooo good! : )
Photo Credit: Jill O'Brien