With the size of this steak you will want to increase your grilling time. Here's what I did.
1) Rinse steak and pat dry. Rub generously with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, or seasonings of your choice.
2) Allow steak to rest at room temperature for an hour or two. Before grilling place the seasoned steak in the freezer for 20 minutes. *This is a new trick that I tested out and it works. It allows the outside and the inside to cook more uniformly. This is optional however - not necessary.
3) Insure your grill is clean and preheat to high, 500° to 550°.
4) Place steak on hottest part of grill, close the lid and grill for 3 minutes.
5) Turn steak and repeat above step
6) Turn steak again, placing on the grill for a nice scoring pattern and grill for an additional 2 minutes.
7) Remove the steak from the grill and cover with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes. This will give you a beautiful medium rare steak. *If making the Gorgonzola Port Sauce to serve with the steak, I sprinkled gorgonzola or blue cheese crumbles on top of scored side of steak, before covering it with foil.
Buffalo Steaks with Grogonzola Port Sauce
*Pan sear or grill steaks according to buffalo steak cooking instructions.
2 - tablespoon butter
1 - tablespoon garlic clove, minced
1 - tablespoon crushed peppercorns
1/2 - cup Port
1/3 - cup Gorgonzola, crumbled
1/3 - cup heavy cream
1) In sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter
2) Add garlic and peppercorns, and saute for about 4 minutes
3) Deglaze the pan with the port.
4) Wisk in Gorgonzola and cream until well incorporated and allow the sauce to come to a gentle boil. Continue whisking until the sauce is to your desired consistency. *About 5 minutes.
5) Serve immediately or remove from heat, cover and reheat when needed. Delish!