Steak and tomatoes are always a winning combination! Drizzled with avocado dressing makes it that much better. Super simple, super delicious and super beautiful!
Ingredients (4 Entree Servings):
- 1 - 12 ounce package Wild Idea Buffalo Tenderloin Tips
- 2 - tablespoons olive oil
- 1 - teaspoons salt +
- 1 - teaspoon pepper
- 2 - heirloom tomatoes, cut
- Avocado Dressing (recipe below)
- Cilantro for garnish
- Lightly rinse Tenderloin Tips in colander, and blot dry with paper towel.
- Transfer the Tenderloin Tips to a bowl with the olive oil, salt and black pepper, and toss to coat. Cover and let rest at room temperature for an hour or two.
- Pre-heat grill to high heat. Place Tenderloin Tips on grill and grill for about 4 minutes, turning one or twice during the cooking process. (Or, you could also pan sauté in pan, over high heat in two batches.)
- Transfer Tips to a platter and cover, allowing them to rest for 5 minutes.
- Lightly season the cut tomatoes with salt and pepper and toss.
- Divide the tomatoes and the steak between serving dishes (or create one big platter - great for a buffet) and drizzle with the avocado dressing.
Avocado Dressing (makes a great dip for veggies too)
- 1 - medium sized avocado
- 1 - lemon, juiced (about ¼ cup)
- 1 - lime, juiced (about ¼ cup)
- 2 - whole tomatillos, rinsed
- ¼ - cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 - teaspoon black pepper
- 1 - teaspoon salt
- ½ - teaspoon chili flake (optional)
- 1/3 - cup fresh cilantro
Preparations: Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until incorporated. Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container.
Photo Credit: Jill O'Brien
Leave a comment