A little twist on a on a favorite salad!
- 1 – pound Wild Idea Premium Ground Buffalo
- 1 – onion, diced
- 1 to 2 – tablespoons olive oil
- 1 – package Jill’s Mexican Seasoning (or other taco/Mexican seasoning)
- salt & pepper to taste
- arugula greens
- cherry tomatoes, diced
- avocado, diced
- chèvre cheese, crumbled
- corn tortilla croutons (recipe below)
- cilantro vinaigrette (recipe below)
- hot sauce
- In a large, heavy skillet over medium high heat, add the olive oil, onion and crumble in the ground meat. Sauté for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally before adding the dry spices. Continue to cook until meat is browned.
- Arrange greens on individual plates or on a platter. Top with desired amounts of meat, tomatoes, avocado, sprinkle with cheese and homemade corn tortilla croutons. Drizzle with cilantro vinaigrette and a few good shakes of hot sauce.
Cilantro Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 2 – cups cilantro leaves, packed
- 1 – cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 – cup sugar
- 1 – teaspoon salt
- 2 – teaspoons black pepper
- ¾ – cup olive oil
Preparations: Mix all ingredients together in blender until incorporated.
Corn Tortilla Croutons Ingredients:
- corn tortillas
- olive oil
- salt and/or Mexican seasoning
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet and add corn tortillas, one at a time. Fry until they start to puff and are lightly brown, then turn.
- Remove from oil and lightly salt and season. Cut or break into pieces.
Photo Credit: Jill O'Brien
Leave a comment