This is my quick version of Lasagna. It's a bit lighter than my traditional recipe and a good go-to dish to prepare in advance for a quick heat and eat meal at the end of a busy day.
- 1 – batch Buffalo Meat Sauce (recipe below)
- 1 – package no boil lasagna sheets
- 1 – pound fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 8 – ounces Parmesan, grated
- optional roasted zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 – pound Wild Idea Buffalo Italian Sausage
- 1 – onion, diced
- 1 – tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 – tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 – tablespoon dried basil
- 2 – teaspoon dried crushed fennel
- ½ – teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely diced
- 1 – teaspoon salt
- 1 – teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 – cup red wine
- 1 – quart crushed tomatoes, (rinse jar with 1 cup water)
- 1 – tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ – tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 – tablespoon lemon juice
Buffalo Lasagna Ingredients (Serves 6):
Buffalo Meat Sauce Ingredients:
Heat olive oil in heavy sauce pan over medium high heat.
Coarsely crumble in Buffalo Italian Sausage and stir once.
Add onion, garlic and dried spices. Stir to incorporate. Continue to cook until sausage is lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Add red wine and stir.
Add remaining ingredients. Let ingredients come to full heat, stirring occasionally.
Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes or until desired thickness is achieved. Stir occasionally.
Season to taste.
Lightly oil lasagna pan or casserole dish.
Cover bottom of pan with 1 cup meat sauce.
Layer with lasagna sheets, meat sauce and mozzarella. (roasted zucchini may be added to layers if you choose).
Repeat layers 2 to 3 times based on pan size, ending with a thin layer of meat sauce on top.
Cover with foil and bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
Cover top with grated Parmesan and allow to melt or lightly brown.