The flavors in curry can take you to faraway places right in your own kitchen. This super easy recipe will have you on a culinary journey in a snap! Approved by Dan & Jill. 😉
- 1 – pound Wild Idea Premium Ground Buffalo
- 2 – tablespoons olive oil
- 3 – tablespoons red curry paste
- 3 – tablespoons water
- 1 – onion, chopped
- 5 – mini red peppers, sliced
- 2 – tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 – can coconut milk
- ½ - cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 – slices fresh ginger (or a pinch of ginger)
- 2 – teaspoons lemongrass paste
- chopped peanuts
- cilantro and/or fresh basil, chopped
- Jasmine or Basmati rice
- In a heavy skillet or wok, over medium high heat add oil and crumble in the Ground Buffalo meat. Push around the pan occasionally to brown.
- Halfway through browning the meat, mix the curry paste with the water and drizzle over the meat.
- Add the chopped onion and stir to incorporate and continue to cook until the meat is nicely browned and onions are al dente.
- Add the sliced red peppers and stir to incorporate.
- Deglaze with the fish sauce, then add the coconut milk, lemongrass paste and ginger.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until desired consistency is achieved. If curry gets too thick, add a little water.
- To serve, place a scoop of rice in the center of a bowl and add the curry. Garnish with chopped peanuts, cilantro and/or basil leaves.
Photo Credit: Jill O'Brien
Leave a comment