The flavors in curry can take you to faraway places right in your own kitchen. This super easy recipe will have you on a culinary journey in a snap! Approved by Dan & Jill. ;)
1 – pound Ground Buffalo Meat
2 – tablespoons olive oil
3 – tablespoons red curry paste
3 – tablespoons water
1 – onion, chopped
5 – mini red peppers, sliced
2 – tablespoons fish sauce
1 – can coconut milk
½ - cup cilantro, chopped
2 – slices fresh ginger (or a pinch of ginger)
2 – teaspoons lemongrass paste
Cilantro and/or fresh basil, chopped
Jasmine or Basmati rice
- In a heavy skillet or wok, over medium high heat add oil and crumble in the ground buffalo meat. Push around the pan occasionally to brown.
- Halfway through browning the meat, mix the curry paste with the water and drizzle over the meat.
- Add the chopped onion and stir to incorporate and continue to cook until the meat is nicely browned and onions are al dente.
- Add the sliced red peppers and stir to incorporate.
- Deglaze with the fish sauce, then add the coconut milk, lemongrass paste and ginger.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until desired consistency is achieved. If curry gets too thick, add a little water.
- To serve, place a scoop of rice in the center of a bowl and add the curry. Garnish with chopped peanuts, cilantro and/or basil leaves.
Leave a comment