Great for casual family dinners or for parties, when you are looking for a little south of the border flavor!
Note: Quesadillas can also be prepared in 375* oven. Bake until tortillas are lightly browned.
Ingredients: (makes 8 quesadillas)
1- 1 pound Wild Idea Buffalo Chorizo Sausage
16 - flour tortillas
2 - cup shredded cheddar cheese.
4 - avocados, peeled and each sliced into 12
2 - cups pico de gallo
- In skillet over medium high heat, crumble Chorizo into pan and brown. About five minutes.
- Spread eight of the tortillas out onto flat baking sheets.
- Layer ingredients on top of tortillas: First, sprinkle with one cup of cheese, then top with Chorizo, top chorizo with 6 avocado slices per tortilla, then spoon on pico de gallo, finish with remaining cup of cheese and cover with other tortillas.
- Preheat outdoor gas grill to medium high. With large spatula gently transfer quesadillas to grill. Close grill lid and allow to cook for two minutes, checking half way through.
- Using large spatula, with support of hand on top of quesadilla, flip quesadilla over and repeat step above. (The melted cheese will help hold the quesadillas together.)
- Remove from grill and let rest for a few minutes before cutting. Cut in to six pie-shaped pieces or smaller sizes for hors d’oeuvres.
Pass with extra pico de gallo and sour cream. Muy Bueno!
Leave a comment