Great for casual family dinners or for parties, when you are looking for a little south of the border flavor!
Note: Quesadillas can also be prepared in 375° oven - bake until tortillas are lightly browned.
Ingredients: (Makes 8 quesadillas)
- 1- pound Wild Idea Buffalo Chorizo Sausage
- 16 - flour tortillas
- 2 - cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 - avocados, peeled and each sliced into 12
- 2 - cups pico de gallo
- In a skillet over medium high heat, crumble Buffalo Chorizo into pan and brown. About 5 minutes.
- Spread 8 of the tortillas onto flat baking sheets.
- Layer ingredients on top of tortillas: First, sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese, then top with Buffalo Chorizo, top Chorizo with 6 avocado slices per tortilla, then spoon on pico de gallo, finish with remaining cup of cheese and cover with other tortillas.
- Preheat outdoor gas grill to medium high. With large spatula, gently transfer quesadillas to grill. Close grill lid and allow to cook for two minutes, checking halfway through.
- Using large spatula, with support of hand on top of quesadilla, flip quesadilla over and repeat step above. (The melted cheese will help hold the quesadillas together.)
- Remove from grill and let rest for a few minutes before cutting. Cut in to 6 pie-shaped pieces or smaller sizes for hors d’oeuvres.
Pass with extra pico de gallo and sour cream. Muy Bueno!
Photo Credit: Jill O'Brien