Lose your buns with Jill's fork & knife Keto Burger recipe!
Burger Ingredients (Per Serving):
- 1 - 4 ounce or 8 ounce Wild Idea Buffalo Keto Burger
- 1 - teaspoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 - green chili or poblano pepper, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 1 - ounce Jack or cheddar cheese, sliced
- avocado slices
- cilantro lime butter (recipe below)
- Rub the pre-portioned burger with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large, heavy skillet over medium high heat add the prepped burger to the pan, nestling it up against the edge of the pan.
- Turn the burger every minute, keeping the uncooked edge nestled to the side. Cook 4 ounce burgers for about 2 minutes each side and the 8 ounce burgers about 3 minutes each side for medium rare.
- During the last minute of cooking the burger, add the roasted pepper to the pan and heat for about 15 seconds on each side. Place the heated, roasted chilies on top of the burger and top with the cheese.
- Transfer the burger to a plate and tent with foil. Let rest for 3 minutes before eating.
To serve, place a scoop of the pureed cauliflower in the center of a plate. Top with the Green Chili Cheese Keto Burger and garnish with avocado slices, chopped tomato and drizzle with cilantro lime butter! So good!
Pureed Cauliflower with Cilantro Lime Butter
- 1 - head cauliflower, florets removed
- 1 - teaspoon salt
- cilantro lime butter
- In a pot, bring a quart of water to a boil.
- Add the salt and the cauliflower, cover and cook until tender. About 8 minutes.
- Drain the water from the cauliflower and return the pan with the cauliflower back to the stove over low heat for about 7 minutes. Stir occasionally to keep the cauliflower from browning. This process helps pull some of the extra moisture away.
- Remove from heat and mash the cauliflower with a potato masher. Transfer the cauliflower to a food processor.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of the cilantro lime butter and puree.
- Season with black pepper to taste. Reheat if needed.
Cilantro Lime Butter
- 1 - stick butter
- 1 - lime, juiced
- 1 - head cilantro leaves, washed and dried
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Melt the butter and transfer to smoothie blender.
- Add the lime juice and cilantro. Blend on high until incorporated.
- Season with a pinch of cayenne. Leave at room temperature, stirring occasionally to keep ingredients incorporated. Or serve hot.
Photo Credit: Jill O'Brien
Leave a comment