If you are looking for a great chili to bring to your next chili cook-off or football game, then try this recipe and let the compliments roll in. Even better the second (or third) day - if there’s leftovers. (Makes 10 servings)
1) Mix all dry spices together.
2) In heavy stew pot, over medium high heat, heat olive oil.
3) Add Wild Idea bison meat, crumbling into small pieces. Lightly brown, stirring constantly for 4 minutes.
4) Add onion, garlic and seasonings. Continue to brown, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
5) Add remaining ingredients and bring to a full boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for ½ to 1 hour, or until desired thickness is achieved.
Adjust seasoning to taste. Garnish with fresh lime or lemon wedges, fresh chopped cilantro, sour cream, or grated cheddar cheese. Serve with Cheesy Jalapeño Corn Bread, recipe included with purchase, upon request.