A super simple recipe for any occasion!
Ingredients: (Serves 8)
- 5 - flour tortillas
- 1 – pound of Wild Idea Premium Ground Buffalo
- ½ – package of Jill’s Mexican Seasoning (or Mexican Seasoning)
- 1 – tablespoon olive oil
- 12 - ounces roasted, diced green chilies
- 4 – green onions, chopped
- 8 – eggs
- 1 – cup half & half
- 2 – teaspoon salt
- 2 – teaspoon black pepper
- 1 – teaspoon hot sauce
- 12 to 16 ounces – pepper jack cheese, sliced or grated
- 2 – teaspoon red chili flake
- Butter one side of flour tortillas and press butter side down in a cast-iron skillet.
- In a sauté pan, heat olive oil, crumble buffalo meat, add ½ package of Jilll's Mexican seasoning and mix in. Stir occasionally, breaking up larger pieces as it browns. About 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in green onions and green chilies.
- In a bowl, mix eggs, half & half, salt, pepper and hot sauce until thoroughly incorporated.
- Layer meat mixture and cheese on top of tortillas. Pour the egg mixture over top and sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375° for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow quiche to rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Cut into 8 pie shaped pieces and accompany with your favorite salsa.
Photo Credit: Jill O'Brien