Tenderloin Tip Kabobs
A wonderful go-to appetizer for your next gathering! Modify the vegetables based on what you like or what’s available. Cherry tomatoes, when in season, would be a good addition. *Dry spice ingredients could be substituted with 3 tablespoons of Jill’s Steak Rub.
Ingredients: 12 appetizer portions
1 – 12oz. package Tenderloin Tips
Cremini mushrooms, stem removed
Bell Peppers, cut into meat size pieces
Shallots or red onion, cut into meat size pieces
2 – teaspoons Worcestershire
2 – teaspoons Tamari or Soy Sauce
2 – teaspoons olive oil
2 – teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 – teaspoons garlic powder
2 – teaspoons onion powder
1 – teaspoon black pepper
1 – teaspoon salt
1 – teaspoon rosemary
1 -teaspoon Thyme
Skewers, soaked in water
Rosemary sprigs, optional garnish
- Rinse the Tenderloin Tips and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Prep the vegetables as noted in the ingredients.
- Mix the Worcestershire, Tamari, olive oil, Dijon and spices together in a bowl, the separate into two bowls.
- Place the meat in the marinade and toss to coat. Toss the vegetables in the other bowl and toss to coat. Cover the bowls with wrap and place them in the refrigerator. Marinade for 6 to 24 hours.
- Soak the skewers in water for an equal amount of time.
- When ready to prepare, skewer the meat on the wet sticks, rotating vegetables and meat as you like.
- Preheat a flat top griddle, or flat pan on stove top over medium high heat. Place the skewers on the pan with the end of the stick hanging over the edge of the pan. Sear for 1.5 minutes, turn and repeat cooking time.
- Remove the skewers place on serving tray and cover for 5 minutes before serving.
- Optional: Create rosemary garnish for the end of the skewer by clipping the end pieces at an angle of sprig and remove some of the bottom leaves. Insert into the top of the skewer.
Accompany with horseradish sauce if desired.