This classic, timeless favorite is simple to prepare, delicious and elegant. A great entree to serve for a dinner party or for a romantic dinner for two!
Entree Ingredients: per serving
1 – 5 or 8 ounce Tenderloin Filet or Top Sirloin Steak
2 – tablespoon olive oil
2 - teaspoons salt
1 – teaspoon black pepper
1 – organic potato, baked or boiled
3 – spears asparagus
1 – lemon, quartered
Béarnaise Sauce recipe listed below
- Steak: Rinse steak under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil on a plate and add ¼ teaspoon salt & pepper each. Mix together and roll the steak into the seasoned olive oil. Cover and let rest for 2 hours before grilling. Preheat grill to high heat, 500°. Place prepared steaks on clean oiled grill grate over high heat. Grill steaks for 3 minutes on each side, with grill lid closed during cooking, for medium rare results. Remove from heat, season with a little more salt, cover and rest for 5 minutes.
- Potato: Bake or boil your potato and allow it to come to room temperature. Slice the potato into ½ inch circles. Over lap the potato slices into a tight pinwheel. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat. Using a spatula, add the potato pinwheel to the pan and season with a little salt & pepper. Cook the potato pinwheel for about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Again, using a spatula, turn the potato pinwheel and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Asparagus: Wash asparagus, and trim the thicker ends off. Using a potato peeler, peel one of the stalks into asparagus ribbons. Over high heat, bring one cup of water, plus a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a teaspoon of salt to a boil. Add the asparagus spears and cook for 3 minutes, adding the asparagus ribbons during the last minute. Remove from water and place on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- To plate, place crispy potato pinwheel in the center of the plate, top with grilled steak, asparagus spears and ribbons, and drizzle with desired amount of sauce Béarnaise.
3 – egg yolks
1½ – tablespoons lemon juice
1 – tablespoon tarragon leaves
1 – teaspoon black pepper
¼ - teaspoon cayenne pepper, more if desired
1 – stick salted organic butter, melted and still hot
1½ - tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Place egg yolks, lemon juice, tarragon, pepper, and cayenne in a blender and blend until slightly thick.
- Add the melted, hot butter through the top, smaller opening of the blender while the blender is still running. Blend to incorporate. Sauce should be fairly thick.
- When ready to serve, flash blend again, adding the vinegar at the end. Season to taste.