My friend and Wild Idea supporter, Angela A. shared her recipe for cooking heart. I put it to the test and can report that it is absolutely delicious and heart-healthy!
- 2-3 - pounds Wild Idea Buffalo Heart cut into large cubes
- 6 - ounces of Wild Idea Buffalo Bacon or organic bacon
- 2 - ounces butter
- 2 - onions, chopped
- 2 - cloves of garlic, chopped
- 6 - fresh tomatoes, peeled & chopped or 3 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1/4 - bottle of white wine
- 8 - ounces sour cream
- Fresh or dried basil and parsley
- Cut the bacon into small bits and fry in 2 oz of butter
- Add the chopped onions garlic and sauté.
- Add buffalo heart to the bacon onions and garlic, and let it brown.
- Add 1/2 cup of water, tomatoes or paste and the wine.
- Simmer for 30 minutes covered and then for 15 minutes without the lid.
- Stir the sour cream into the sauce. Sprinkle with fresh herbs.
Photo Credit: Jill O'Brien