My friend and Wild Idea supporter, Angela A. shared her recipe for cooking heart. I put it to the test and can report that it is absolutely delicious and heart-healthy!
- 2-3 - pounds Wild Idea Buffalo Heart cut into large cubes
- 2 - ounces butter
- 2 - onions, chopped
- 2 - cloves of garlic, chopped
- 6 - fresh tomatoes, peeled & chopped or 3 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1/4 - bottle of white wine
- 8 - ounces sour cream
- Fresh or dried basil and parsley
Cut the bacon into small bits and fry in 2 oz of butter
Add the chopped onions garlic and sauté.
Add buffalo heart to the bacon onions and garlic, and let it brown.
Add 1/2 cup of water, tomatoes or paste and the wine.
Simmer for 30 minutes covered and then for 15 minutes without the lid.
Stir the sour cream into the sauce. Sprinkle with fresh herbs.